"Our style is simple but not that easy. Roll up your sleeves and play good, solid football. We want to develop a quality football team that is going to last. Our goal is to win the Super Bowl and win it again and again." -- Marv Levy

3.26.2007

Bad Move, Willis

I'm going to take a pause from my Draft Profile series to do something I try hard not to do too often: RANT. Today's subject is quickly becoming the self-centered, loud-mouthed moron sidekick to King of Idiots Terrell Owens. Yes, Bills fans, I speak of the ever-popular Willis McGahee (right). No lie, he was once my favorite player. Now, let's just say that the feelings have changed slightly. Let the pissed-off adrenaline start seeping through your veins, and read on...

Willis McGahee is a Moron
"I couldn't wait to get out of there..." -- Willis McGahee
McGahee, in an interview with Rick Maese and Bill Ordine of the Baltimore Sun, made the above claim in regards to our favorite football franchise. We all sort of knew he felt that way, but it was what he said later on that really got my juices flowing...
"I've grown a whole lot," McGahee says. "It doesn't feel like it's been five years since college. Coming from Miami, I was used to partying, going out, just having something to do every night. Restaurants, whatever. Going to Buffalo, it was like hitting a brick wall. Like, 'Damn!' Can't go out, can't do nothing. There's an Applebee's, a TGI Friday's, and they just got a Dave & Buster's. They got that, and I'm like 'What the?' And you know, the women... it's no big city. You know what I did every day? I came home and played video games."
First of all: What about the women, Willis? You can't be referring to any of the women who take care of your illegitimate children - and I suppose he's not, since they're all from Florida. But are you even that picky, Willis? Your seed is spread so far that it's hard to believe you have a problem with any woman you encounter. Seriously can't believe he went there.

I didn't know it was that bad. Yet, I'm sitting here kicking myself for giving Willis the benefit of the doubt. "He doesn't think it's that bad," I'd tell myself. "He doesn't complain too much." It makes me sick to my stomach that Willis lead Bills fans to believe that he actually put forth any effort whatsoever in his time in Buffalo. Remember all of his aches and pains during games? His vomiting episodes? Who's to say that he wasn't just making it all up to sit on the sideline?

Willis produced enough in Buffalo to ensure that other teams would be interested in his services once he had the leverage to get out of Buffalo. When he achieved that level of play, he stopped caring - he danced in holes, rolled around in "agony" on occasion and didn't put forth the effort necessary to get this team to the playoffs. He did the minimal amount necessary. Levy and Jauron recognized it and moved his ass before it really started bothering the players.

Anyone want to complain about the trade now? To read the whole story, click on McGahee's picture above. I'll leave this section by giving you my favorite quote, and please feel free to comment about it below (link at bottom of post):
"I wasn't, I guess, a team leader. But if you aren't happy, you're just going to do your own job and don't worry about nothing else. They asked. But that isn't like me to be trying to get other grown men fired up. They know what they've got to do."
Baltimore's Spin
It cracks me up to read how Baltimore is putting a positive spin on his acquisition. The Baltimore media are using the typical defenses to protect their new star running back:
"He ran behind a bad offensive line."
"The fans in Buffalo didn't appreciate him."
"He was never happy in Buffalo."
"He just needs a fresh start in a new city."
Seriously, I'm considering starting a bet. How many games will it take for the Baltimore media to turn on their runner? Willis does not have much improvement along the line in Baltimore - the Ravens may lose Jonathan Ogden to retirement and they also released Edwin Mulitalo this off-season. Buffalo, meanwhile, fortified their offensive line and will be very much improved there.

Oh, but don't worry, Ravens fans - Willis can go out and party now. He'll be fine.

Bills/Ravens 2007 Tilt
Every Bills fan knows this, but it's worth repeating - the Buffalo Bills host the Baltimore Ravens at The Ralph in 2007. Willis McGahee is coming back to Buffalo. I can honestly say that if the NFL does not recognize the market potential here and make this a primetime game, they will hear it from a lot of people in the media, as well as irate fans.

Regardless of what time of day the game takes place, count on the Bills being jacked up. They're jacked up every game. But new defensive leaders such as Angelo Crowell and Donte Whitner will be out to make a statement that game. When the schedule comes out, mark your calendars with that date. Willis McGahee will meet his maker that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home